What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Christmas Quilt . . . . . one month at a time. . . . .

I won a quilt pattern from Paula the Quilter's blog last year. Since it was a Christmas pattern, I thought I would treat it as a BOM (block of the month for you non-quilters).  So I started last  September with the first row.


I think I have done a pretty good job keeping up with them.  If I don't finish one a month, I at least do several the next month to keep caught up.


I think I am still missing May which is a row of presents.  June is supposed to be the sashing and July the borders.  That gives me several months to get it quilted before I start Christmas decorating.  

Oh, how I hope I have it all finished in time.  I know I have the time but maybe not the will power.  Usually I run out of steam before the end!

Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

Country Prims said...

Please don't run out of steam-it is absolutely stunning!!
Can't wait to see it finished:))
Blessings, Shazy x

Terri Steffes said...

That is totally beautiful!

House Elf said...

Wow, what an undertaking! Cannot wait to see the finished product! Here's wishing you the 'steam' you need :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Well aren't you just a smarty pants. I haven't done anything in awhile for Christmas - trying to get too many people ready to move:)

I think you'll finish it on time!

Leann

Pam said...

I love these, they look beautiful I wish i'd got the sewing bug from my Mum, it would be great to make something like this!
Pam

Teresa said...

Looks great....have a cup of cocoa with marshmellows, put on White Christmas and start quilting.

Joan said...

You are awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product. I bet you can't wait either!

Barb said...

I just love all of these rows....just wonderful!!