What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Well, I sure dropped the ball last month with Rudy Day.  I was probably working on my business since I had a show the next week.

Today, Dear Hubby and TurfBoy (son #1)  are playing golf.  I think I will take advantage of the quiet and do some Rudy Day.

I started this quilt last Saturday . . . . . 


I borrowed this picture from the Farmhouse Threads website, the designer of the pattern.  Below is what I have finished so far. . . . .



I want to get the machine sewing finished so when I go out of town again, I just have handwork to do.


I think I will also work on my Christmas notebook today.  I haven't kept it up very much over the past year and a half due to life hiccups.  We didn't send out Christmas cards last year.  This year we need to do that and that may be a good thing to work on today.

I'll be back later today so check back by!


Blessings, Cathi

4 comments:

happeningswithLana said...

Cathi, I love that snowman quilt! I went to look at her patterns. I would love to try that one. Hope you get the machine part done and also time for your notebook!

antique quilter said...

I love this quilt and every time I see it I keep thinking I need to make this too
guess I had better just order the pattern and get going on it!
Kathie

SweetErGallery said...

Somehow, I always forget Rudy's Day. I'm trying to change that. : ) I love this quilt. It's so homey. I've only made a little art quilt ornament for Christmas, 6"x6". Some look so intimidating to start for a begining quilter.

SweetErGallery said...

Oh! and thank you for visiting Mrs. Santa's Cottage! I'll be much better keeping it up to date on a regular basis now with tutorials. : )