What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Monday, July 20, 2009

Visions of Christmas Past.....


I am still working hard with Christmas in July, just not ready to post things yet. I am still trying to come up with a project for the CIJ party this Friday. The problem is that both DDs and I have VERY different tastes. That's why the altered clipboards worked so well last year. We could make them our own. I thought about the altered Advent calender on cookie sheets but it is still a countdown like the clipboards last year. I am sure I will come up with something at the last minute. I do my best work under pressure!!


Here is a picture I found this past weekend from Christmas 1963. I'm the cutie with the really bad haircut. This was before sibling 4 and 5 were even born!




And here is just 6 years later. My how we had changed. Remember the fishnet stockings? The Christmas stockings were made by my mom and me. She sewed the red blanks and I cut and glued all the appliques. Sibling 5, sitting on Dad's lap, was born after we made them so he got a store-bought stocking embellished by me. I guess with five kids, Mom didn't have time to sew another blank!




More soon on what I have been doing Christmasy around the house but haven't quite finished it.

4 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I totally love the pictures of your family way back when! Cute post!

Liz said...

I remember those stockings well, great pictures Cathi.
Lizzie
XX

Aggy said...

It's always nice to see memories from the past.

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the hairdo and how you were crafty even back then:)