What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas in July Party.....

Well, we didn't get as much finished as we wanted but we did make a mess!!


We started much later than the other years. I had a company picnic I had to go to first. When I finally made it to the house at 3:00, we left right away to check out Hobby Lobby. They have most of their Christmas stuff out already. We thought we may need to cruise the aisles for some inspiration first. By the time we finally got started, it was 6:00.



The Wild One decided what she wanted to do but didn't have the supplies she needed so she worked on her Halloween cross-stitch.



The Married One started her Christmas notebook. She definitely has her momma's organizational skills !


Because we felt like we had just started (the Married One finally left at 11:00), we decided to do this next month, too. But next time we will do some pre-planning planning so we can get more work done. But we had a good time anyway. I really enjoyed having time with just us girls. I'm so glad they have some crafty bones in their bodies!


6 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

At least you started! More than I can say for myself!

Teresa said...

And what did you work on?

happeningswithLana said...

It was fun quality time with your girls!

Unknown said...

Oh my I thought I was a Christmas Nut with 14 Christmas trees in my house during the Holiday Season. Well I am glad to see someone else loves Christmas too :)
Thank you for coming by my blog and marking me as a fave...
M

Anonymous said...

A post I just day reminded me of you and Rudy Day!

Aggy said...

Cathi, I always seem to have a big mess too when I'm working on crafts.