What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where did August and September go?.....

Obviously they went somewhere without me! Well, you know that I have been posting more on my other blog. I have been in a little of a Christmas funk lately and I am sure it had something to do with the weather. Just couldn't get in the Christmas spirit.

But now I am back and ready to get going.


Here is the shortened version of what I have planned to do each month. You can go back to a post I wrote last April to find the detailed list. Anyway, I haven't kept up with it too well this year. Since Rudy Day is on a Friday this month, I think I can get caught up with most of it over the weekend. I really only need to do July, August and September.

* May is List Month

* June is Decorating Month

* July is Crafts Month

* August is Christmas Cards Month

* September is Baking Month

* October is Calendar Month

Dear Hubby does NOT have a football game that night. For some reason they moved it to Thursday. He will be home with me but I think I can talk him into watching a Christmas movie. I may even be able to talk him into helping me with the cards and the baking/menu lists if I bribe him with something chocolatey!



I have been working on some crafty things.

I made this Christmas quilt back in July......


The pattern is "Christmas Morning" by Cheri-Saffiote Payne but I changed the muslin block to applique (she had a stitchery) and have renamed the quilt "HoHoHo".







These three quilts have been tops for more years than I want to say outloud! All of them just need a little quilting and binding. I think I will move these guys up the quilting ladder, so to speak, and see if I can't get them quilted before Christmas!

What are you doing this Rudy Day? Only 8 days to decide!

4 comments:

Terri and Bob said...

Ok, I am totally in love with the quilts. Those are amazing.

Aggy said...

Hey Cathi, it's great hearing from you again. Your quilts are beautiful.

happeningswithLana said...

I also love the quilts!

Leann said...

I'm still at work! Can't wait to leave!!!

Love every darn one of 'em.

Leann