What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Losing one of my favorite trees.....


Since 2003, I have had a Christmas tree in the boys room with just purple and orange on it. That was the year that Dear Son moved away to the college of his dreams.....Clemson. Every year, I have bought him a new Clemson ornament. Fortunately he graduated last December and found a job right away. But this year he wants his tree in his apartment. Can't say that I blame him. It's a 1-bedroom apartment with just enough room to turn around in so this tree will be the perfect size. It will be going back with him tomorrow afternoon after the Thanksgiving dinner (along with lots of leftovers!)



So that leaves a void in that room. Dear Son #2 still lives in that room. As you can kind of see from the picture, it is painted to look like a log cabin so I think the tree from our bedroom will look perfect in there.




But now there is nothing in our bedroom. Darn, I'm going to have to start a whole new tree (wink, wink). Something romantic this time....

Blessings, Cathi

No comments: