What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy April Rudy Day.....

Just a couple of hours late....I meant to post this last night but you know how things go.

I spent the first half of the day in the yard. My outside job is cutting the grass. I really like it since it doesn't take much brain power to do it.

After lunch, Dear Daughter #2 and I put in Little Women. The movie pick of the month was A Christmas Story which I'm not too keen on.



While the movie was playing, I started cutting out more pieces to a quilt that I am making for a Christmas gift. I can't tell you what pattern or who it is for because that person sometimes reads my blog and I don't want to take a chance on them finding out. Especially if I don't finish it! If they find out and I don't give it to them, then I'll really hear it. But here is a sneak peak.....



Last evening while switching between the NFL draft and M*A*S*H (guess who had the remote and by the way owns the entire M*A*S*H collection but had to watch it on tv anyway!), I worked on my
Christmas Wish block for this month. I want to wait until all 9 are finished until I decide how to put them together.



Last year I came up with a
pretty good list of what I wanted to do on Rudy Day's and it worked out pretty well so I will do it again this year. Here is next month's To Do List.

May is List Month

* work on gift lists
* stocking stuffer lists
* 12 days of Christmas list
* work on budget
* update budget and gift sections of the Christmas notebook

And since next month, Rudy Day is on a Monday, it should be pretty easy to do.

Blessings, Cathi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I just had to jump over here to see what was going on! Another sneak peek and to learn about this Rudy Day. OK...I must say you that I see you really love Christmas and SO FLIPPING ORGANIZED to get it done on a schedule! I'm very impressed! Seriously!! I think I start thinking Christmas about September when the stores start putting all the holiday stuff out....then I move into a quick panic as the weeks pass quickly and now just like that it is December! How fun to surprise a blogging friend....maybe I should start having Rudy Day!!! *sigh*

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love your Gail Pan blocks done on the tan fabric; I've used white with mine, and it seems kind of bright. Oh well. Now I'm going to have to be checking your Christmas blog daily as well as your other one! Thanks for the Rudy tip.

The Old Parsonage said...

Cathi

I adore these pieces! How are they created? A transferred image onto the fabric? Hmmm...I used to do counted cross stitch years ago and this looks like fun.

Terra said...

Hi, I am glad to find your blog and see your quilting is gorgeous. I love Rudy Day too, and have 2 blogs, one is about Christmas. The Christmas blog is named after my book.