What is Rudy Day ? .....

I've always enjoyed Christmas. The decorations, the flurry and, of course, the real meaning but always felt let down on December 26. It was all over in a flash. All the planning and doing was gone in a minute. Finally I found the OC ...not the tv show but the Organized Christmas website which led to the Magical Holiday Home Forum. I don't even know how I found it but I did. And they had this wonderful thing called Rudolph Day....Rudy Day to most of us.....that lets you think, plan, dream about Christmas at least once a month on the 25th. And the best thing was I found more people out there just like me ! Crazy about all things Christmas. Well, almost obsessive. But to my family and friends that think I'm nuts half the time, I just want you to know there is no cure for it so don't try to find one. I wouldn't want the cure if you could find one anyway.
Christmas countdown banner

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Very Favorite Ever Christmas Book.....

I don't know who bought this book for me.  It is copyrighted 1963. But it has been my most cherished Christmas book. It's called Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert Barry.  It's in pretty bad shape but I would never dream of getting rid of it.



I noticed inside the front cover that my brother had scratched my name off and written his.  Possession is 9/10ths of the law.  In this case, 100% !!

It was finally reprinted several times the latest being 2000.  And it is available on Amazon.  It didn't surprise me when I read some of the reviews (which were almost all 5 stars).  Just about everyone remembered reading it as a child like I did.

The cover has changed but I don't think my kids would mind.  My Dear Daughters don't remember reading this when they were little but I can start some new traditions, can't I?




It's the story of Mr. Willowby who received a Christmas tree one year.  It was too tall for his parlor so he lopped off the top.  The discard made it's way to Miss Adelaide, the upstairs maid.  Then off to Tim,  the gardener, Barnaby Bear, Frisky Fox, Benjamin Rabbit and finally to Mistletoe Mouse who, of course, lived with Mr. Willowby.

A cute, cute Christmas tale of sharing for children of every age.


Blessings, Cathi

6 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Cathi

Now this is a new one for me. I might just have to get a copy for those grandchildren (in the far future).

Glad to see that Valentine is feeling perky:)

If I don't talk to you, have a safe trip to your in-laws and a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Leann

Simple Home said...

We have a newer version of this book. I love this little story. Still, I prefer the vintage books anytime I can find them. I'll have to share a few of mine soon.
Blessings,
Marcia

Pam said...

My daughter would love this, will have to see if I can find it in the UK!
Pam

Terri Steffes said...

I remember this now but I had forgotten it! Thanks for the reminder!

Kerrie said...

Loved the book story! I have had similar experiences-ha! Kerrie

MIRIAM said...

Beautiful blog, I love Christmas, I hope muco last longer, a big hug from Venezuela